8.04.2016

Shimmerz Guest Designer!

Hello everyone!

I'm so excited to be guest designing for Shimmerz over the next couple of months! I have to admit that while I love adding a touch of mist or watercolor to my layouts, sometimes I get really scared that I might end up hating or ruining my entire layout so I end up not using paint very often. I know that's really crazy, but I'm a perfectionist (to a fault) and sometimes it just scares me, lol! Anyway...I overcame all of my fears and perfectionist tendencies and created one of my all time FAVORITE layouts using some amazing products from Shimmerz!!!


I started by using a watercolor brush and dipping it into several of my favorite Shimmerz Coloringz spray mists on top of some white card stock. The Coloringz colors I used were Mandarin Mai Tai, Well Blue Me Down, Pink Stilettos, Pretty In Pink, and Don't Citron Me. I also added a few drips and splatters of each color as well.


Next, I placed some coordinating acetate phrases from Freckled Fawn on top of the color swatches. The Shimmerz Coloringz inks matched the phrases almost perfectly! 



After I placed the acetate phrases on my page, I machine-stitched them down and layered several other phrases from Heidi Swapp on top of them for added dimension and color. I colored each of the Heidi Swapp Watercolor Words using coordinating Creameez colors such as Just Peachie, Good Ol' Summer Time, and Boogie Boardin's Blue with my watercolor brush.


I finished my layout by including the funny faced photo of my daughter and some shiny sequins on top of the white card stock and then I placed the card stock on top of a rainbow chevron striped piece of patterned paper from Bella Blvd. 


If you're like me and scared of using paint, ink, and watercolors on your page then I hope I've inspired you to take the plunge and just do it! I promise that it will be worth the worry and I'm sure, just like me, you'll absolutely LOVE the results! 

Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you have a fabulous day! 

Shimmerz Supplies Used: Coloringz - Don't Citron Me, Well Blue Me Down, Pretty In Pink, Pink Stilettos, Mandarin Mai Tai; Creameez - Just Peachie, Good Ol' Summer Time, Boogie Boardin' Blue




No comments:

Post a Comment